Prevention of diabetic retinopathy is now well known as a necessary condition but it will not change the increasing burden of visual impairment from macular edema.
• Anti-VEGF and sustained release corticosteroids: correct strategies for best results.
• Combined therapies and systemic drugs with new comers will help us.
• Minimally invasive surgery can be an option?
• New lasers: New minimally invasive techniques, association with drugs and new diagnostic tools are refining our surgery. The expert panel will debate personal experience and standard of treatment in macular surgical diseases.Myopia will be a major problem for health care systems in the future as the prevalence is increasing worldwide. Macular neovascular and atrophic changes as well as traction maculopathy with foveoschisis are partially treatable thanks to new drugs and surgery. Anti-VEGF as soon as possible for how long?Posterior indentation or vitrectomy or combined for Myopic foveoschisis.
• Multiple observations have underlined the role of episcleral surgery in phakic patients: is it still true in the era of micro invasive surgery, or a comeback after 3D visualization
• PVR staining is now a routine procedure in complex cases. Endotamponades are essential tools, and new heavy liquids are facing the market, panel discussion on indications.
• Postoperative complications can be prevented (correct timing, appropriate technique) or treated: intraocular pressure elevation, low vision improvement, re-detachment rate.
• Filters and IOLs
• Trials and drugs face to face. Dosingregimen, HTA evaluations
• Intravitreal injection technique: preventing complications
• Choosing and switchingtherapies
• A correct diagnosis is still important? Do we choose always the correct therapy?
• New drugs
RETINAL PROSTHESIS, STEM CELLS AND GENETIC THERAPY
• Artificial retina up dates
• Gene therapyindications
RETINA: Innovations/research/new tech
• Developments in retinal laser – lights – cutters
• Ocular changes during surgery: perfusion, temperature
• Delivery systems
• Intraoperative 3D Systems
• What can we see with adaptive optics
• Intraoperative OCT
• New OCTs and choroidal images
• New wave lengths to explore retinal layers
• OCT angiography
ARC Surgical Rounds
Live surgery session from Delta Hospital Brussels and KUL Leuven.